So our story comes to a close with the result of our family vacation ending on day three. I couldn't stand it anymore and the mattress just wasn't cutting it. I was getting more and more home sick by the second and Josh obliged me in heading home.
Before we headed out of town, we made one last stop at the town's restored train station. It is one (if not 'the') pride and joy of the town with many of their own citizens having helped with the restoration. It was really pretty!
It was set up as a museum and had lots of cool artifacts and even a super cool art gallery.
We "tooted" around there for just a bit and were ready to hit the road. Before we loaded up, we found a really cool old police car.
I can't remember what I told Joseph he could have if he would smile for this picture, but it worked. He has really been on a 'no smile' strike lately. This one turned out really cute though and that car was awesome!
Our drive home seemed to take forever but it really did make me feel better each mile we traveled closer to Texas. The drive was beautiful as we took a different route home and drove almost every small farm road between Arkansas and Dallas.
Did I learn any lessons? Oh yes. More than I can even really process right now. I know I have some anxiety "issues" that I need to sort through, but checking out the town and "resort" a little more closely would have helped too. And next time, pack the xanex.
Arriverderchi, Mena! Farewell! Until next time...
never ever leave home without the Xanax! BTW, the museum looks like a great place - my boys would love it too
ReplyDelete