We packed up the kids and headed to Austin (home of the competition) to watch and cheer her on. We don't road-trip as much as we used to before the kids were here, and it always surprises me how well it goes. This time was no exception!
Jessie didn't do as well as she wanted; she holds herself to very high standards - the way most athletes do, but we had a great time watching her and seeing all the family.
The competition started early Saturday morning so we got up earrrrlllly and headed out. It was no fun! I thought, *hoped*, that the kids would go back to sleep after we got them loaded up but they were excited and wide awake. They ended up sleeping a little on the way but not nearly as long as I hoped. That made for a long day!
Sleepy Alaina loved snuggling! She was passed around and snuggled up by a couple of Aunts, a Gigi, and of course her mommy.
After Jessie was done we all rendezvoused for lunch at On the Border - all 20 of us! I know they have to cringe hard when they see us coming! We decided to rent a little house for the same price as a hotel room, and that way we had more space. So we headed over to unpack after lunch and start our tour de Austin area friends from college.
I'm SO glad I got to see Jessie compete and look so awesome in her Auburn blue and orange! I know that girl is going places...you just watch and see.

No comments:
Post a Comment