Saturday, April 13, 2013

Alaina Turns TWO!

We were out of town for Alaina's birthday weekend this year.  The following weekend we had all the family over for cake and a big sandwich tray.  So the morning of the party we had a special time for her to open her presents from Josh, Joseph and I.


 
Joseph picked out a super cute purple Zhu Zhu pet which she loved.  She always plays with his so now it's really fun to see them playing together with their hamsters.  They're fun little toys!




My big idea this year was to get Alaina her first Cabbage Patch doll, which were my favorite.  Joseph latched on to my Cabbage Patch Preemie named Antony Barry (Joseph renamed him Anthony (no 'h' in his real name)) when he was just a wee-thing and has loved it every since so no chance Alaina was getting that one! 


I noticed they are selling a Vintage Cabbage Patch dolls now which have the same yarn hair and design as the original ones from back in the 80's. We went ahead and got her one with the pretty silky hair that I'm sure will only be pretty for a week.  Good times.




She seemed pretty tickled with it.  And her doll has that delicious sweet baby powder smell!  Talk about nostalgia.

I hope and pray that the next year holds so much fun and adventure for this little one.  I hope that I can train her and raise her to be a confident, well-mannered, joyful child.  I hope that an mistakes I make can become a learning experience and that she can learn from me too.  I'm overwhelmed with joy by this gift of a sweet little girl that I've been given and I'm so excited to see what the next year holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment