Can you believe the cool dude Joseph turned five? It seems like just yesterday I was headed to the hospital to have my little boy.
Can you believe that I'm just now getting to update the blog with birthday pictures?! I guess that good mommy status just flew out the window!
We decided to give Joseph an early present this year. His party was was scheduled for that weekend and we wanted to give him an addition onto his fort. We have quickly realized that we need more than the one swing on the fort, so Josh built an A-frame swing set next to the fort. His early present was a super fun two seater glider.
I threw a bunch of streamers and fun-ness on the box and Josh hiked it onto the fort while Joseph was inside. We told Joseph something funny was out there and asked him to go check it out.
He was very quiet as he climbed up...a man on a mission.
And the funny thing was that he saw it the day the UPS man delivered it (it was out of stock in store) and somehow we convinced him that it was delivered to the wrong house. While he was occupied playing quietly, I snuck out and moved it into the garage but of course he was really concerned about it. We told him the UPS man must've realized his mistake and taken it to the right person. I'm not sure if he bought it, but we went forward with our plan anyway!
And like always, it took a million minutes and a bucket full of tools to install the brackets and get the sucker hung. So it only makes sense that no one happened into the backyard on the day of the party to get a good glide-swinging on. The bounce house in the front took all of the attention from it, and that was perfectly fine...it was fun!
Joseph is looking more and more like such a big boy these days. He says the coolest things and can show such maturity that I often forget - until a complete melt down or occasional hard headedness - that is still my little boy and is only five.
What a special little guy we have! I can appreciate him and his crazy antics most of the time. Enough of the time to get by, anyway. Enough to get him a cool glider at least!
Lucky boy to have such a great mom & dad!!!
ReplyDelete